The 'Own Services' function allows a library to configure the default cost when shipping an item to a particular location (i.e. as Lender only). For example, if your library has agreed to supply another library on a reciprocal basis, an ILL service can be setup to default a $0 cost into the Ship Cost and Base Cost fields when you are shipping to this library.
- Go to from the left side menu
- Select from the options across the top of the screen This will take you to the 'Services' screen. If you have existing services configured, you will be able to view the summary for each service from this screen
To add a new service, click on the button.
The ILL Service Window will appear
Lender - The long description of your library
Borrower - Select the location which requests from your library
Service Type - Select 'Copy non returnable', 'Loan' or 'Wildcard'. Wildcard means that the ILL Service will apply to both Copy non returnable and Loan requests.
Service Level - Select the service level you wish to apply to this ILL service. 'Wildcard' means that the ILL Service will apply to all requests supplied at the 'Core', 'Rush' or 'Express' service level.
Cost - Enter the cost you wish to have the request default to when shipping. Note that at the time of shipping the cost can still be reset by submitting the 'Calculate New Cost' function.
Currency - This should be left at the default Australian Dollars
Tax Rate - This should be left blank
For each service on the 'Services' screen, you will have the following options:
| EXERCISE 5.3
1. Log in using one of the training logins.
2. Go to Location from the left side menu.
3. Select Own Services from the options across the top of the screen.
4. Click on the Create button. The ILL Service window will appear.
5. Select a location from the list.
6. Select 'Copy non returnable', 'Loan' or 'Wildcard'.
7. Enter the cost you wish to have the request default to when shipping.
8. The currency field should be left at the default Australian Dollars.
9. Leave tax rate blank.
10. Click Action and you should be able to see the new service added on the 'Services' summary screen.